Holiday Eggnog Cookies
An easy holiday cookie recipe made with eggnog and topped with a delicious spiced drizzle!
For the Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour, all purpose
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup Crystal Creamery unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup Crystal Creamery eggnog
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
2 to 3 teaspoons ground nutmeg
For the Spiced Drizzle
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon Crystal Creamery eggnog
1/2 tablespoon Spiced Rum (or more eggnog if you prefer an alcohol-free version)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 300°. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Blend well with a whisk and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter with an electric hand-held mixer. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks; beat at medium speed until smooth.
3. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to a flat surface with a spatula.
6. Combine all drizzle ingredients until smooth. Drizzle mixture over cooled cookies and allow to set before serving.