LAST REVISED: 6/11/2020
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY AND INFORMATION RIGHTS:
- Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (Civil Code Sections 1798.100 – 1798.199), California consumers have certain privacy rights related to their personal information. For example, a California consumer has a right to know from a business, with whom he or she has an established business relationship, what personal information (if any) the business has shared with third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for such third parties’ direct marketing uses, as well as the identities of such third parties.
We do not knowingly share your personal information with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing uses, unless you have affirmatively consented to such sharing.
Any request for an information-sharing disclosure or to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA or other applicable law should be sent to us via email at CustomerService@CrystalCreamery.com or you should call the following toll-free number and ask for Customer Service: 1-888-300-5181. Please note that under the CCPA, we are not required to respond to a request more than twice in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the email address designated above or a request made to the toll-free number identified above.
- Pursuant to Section 17538 of the California Business and Professions Code, prior to accepting payment from a buyer located in California, we are required to disclose to the following information to the buyer:
- Our Legal Name: Crystal Creamery
- Our Business Address: 529 Kansas Avenue, Modesto, CA 95351.
- Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing “Do Not Track” signals, we would be open to following such industry standards.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): This is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, street address, email address, phone number, and order and payment information. We do not collect PII from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. We ask for and collect your PII when you engage in an identification activity on our website, such as creating an account, submitting a request or inquiry, answering a survey or otherwise providing feedback, signing up for our contact lists, or entering a sweepstakes, contest, giveaway, or other promotion offered on our website (each, an “Identification Activity”). Whether or not to disclose PII is your choice. However, without providing PII you will not be able to engage in or complete an Identification Activity. You must be 18 or older to engage in an Identification Activity on our website.
1.2 Aggregate and Anonymous Information (“AAI”): This refers to information that does not identify you personally. For example, we and our service providers collect anonymous group data (demographics, interests and preferences, etc.) about users of our website, as well as traffic data such as total page views in a given time period; average amount of time users spend on our website, how many times a particular piece of content on our website was viewed or downloaded by our users, etc. Moreover, we may combine UAI (as defined below) about you and other users of our website to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our users as a group. In addition, we may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to “anonymize” or “de-personalize” your information.
NOTE: To the extent we use UAI in a manner that identifies a person individually (e.g., if we link or associate such information with name or address), such information will be treated as PII. Otherwise, UAI will be treated as AAI.
- WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
The following describes how we use and share information (including PII) collected from and about users of our website:
- To provide, manage and improve our website: This includes using PII to enable, administer and manage our users’ Identification Activities.
- To share with co-sponsors: From time to time, we may conduct promotions with one or more third-party co-sponsors. As a condition of participation in such a co-sponsored promotion, we may ask for your affirmative consent to allow us to share your PII collected in connection with the promotion with our co-sponsor(s), with the understanding that our co-sponsor(s) may use the information for its/their own direct marketing purposes and that we will have no control over such use by our co-sponsor(s).
- To share with third-party service providers in order for them to assist us in operating and managing our website: We use third-party service vendors to help us operate and manage our website and they may need to access information collected from and about our users (including PII) in order to provide services for our website.
We require that third-party service providers limit their use of our users’ PII solely to providing services to us and that they safeguard such information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
3.1 Although we endeavor to safeguard the security of your PII, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. We will endeavor to notify you if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of your PII stored by or for us. However, we are not liable for any breach of the security of your information resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email in the event of a breach of security involving your PII stored by us or on our behalf.
3.3 If you have any questions regarding the security of our website, please contact us as described below.
- INFORMATION ACCESS AND CHOICE
Your Rights Under the CCPA
Right to Know. You have a right to submit a verifiable request for PII collected about you in the preceding twelve (12) months. This right extends to the categories of PII we have collected; the categories of sources from which the PII is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling PPI; the categories of third parties with whom we share PII; the specific pieces of PII we have collected about you; and the category or categories of PII Crystal Creamery has disclosed for a business purpose.
When we receive your properly verified request, we will deliver the information to you free of charge. We will deliver the information within 45 days, unless it is reasonably necessary for Crystal Creamery to extend the delivery date up to an additional 45 days.
You may submit a request to know your PPI at CustomerService@CrystalCreamery.com or call the following toll-free number and ask for Customer Service: 1-888-300-5181.
Please note that under the CCPA, Crystal Creamery is not required to provide PII to a consumer more than twice in a 12-month period. Also, Crystal Creamery is not required to retain any PII collected for a single, one-time transaction, if such information is not sold or retained by Crystal Creamery, or to re-identify or otherwise link information that is not maintained in a manner that would be considered PII.
Right to Delete. You have the right to submit a verifiable request that Crystal Creamery (and its Service Provider(s) that process PII about you) delete any personal information about you that it has collected. Upon receipt of your request, Crystal Creamery will delete the PII from our records and direct any service providers to delete the PII from their records. Information required to continue providing service, however, cannot be deleted (see below).
You may submit a request to delete your personal information at at CustomerService@CrystalCreamery.com or call the following toll-free number and ask for Customer Service: 1-888-300-5181.
In our response to your request to delete, we will specify the manner in which we have deleted your PII or, if we must deny your deletion request, the basis for this refusal. Please note that under the CCPA, Crystal Creamery is not required to comply with a request to delete PII if the information is necessary for Crystal Creamery or its service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which the PII was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the consumer’s PII, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
Right to Opt Out. The CCPA gives consumers the right, at any time, to direct a business that sells PII about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s PII. This is referred to as the “right to opt-out.” Crystal Creamery, however, does not and will not sell your PII to third parties.
Right to Non-Discrimination. Crystal Creamery does not discriminate against any California Consumer who exercises any of the rights described above. This includes denying goods or services; charging different prices or rates, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; providing a different level of service or quality of goods or services; or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Submitting a Request Through Your Authorized Agent
California consumers have the option to designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. To do this, the authorized agent must provide all of the required information in the online request form, along with proof of authorization in the form of a notarized affidavit signed by the California Consumer who is the subject of the request. The notarized affidavit must be attached to the online submission or scanned and emailed to at CustomerService@CrystalCreamery.com when making a request by phone. We may need to contact you directly to verify the request.
If you would like to designate an agent, your agent must register as such with the California Secretary of State and submit a copy of this registration along with the consumer request to us.
How We Verify Your Request
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with PII if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the PII relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
To submit a request or review the information required to do so, please go to at CustomerService@CrystalCreamery.com or call the following toll-free number and ask for Customer Service: 1-888-300-5181.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or delete the personal information we have collected. To do so, you must (a) provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and (b) verify your own identity with us (unless you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California’s Probate Code). If you wish to appoint an authorized agent, please contact us at at CustomerService@CrystalCreamery.com or call the following toll-free number and ask for Customer Service: 1-888-300-5181.
We may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” etc.) – which are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails – to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We may include web beacons in emails to help us recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
- OUR ADVERTISING POLICY
We do not allow unaffiliated third parties to display advertisements on our website.
- PROTECTING CHILDREN
This website is directed to adults and is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- CONTACT US