Our family has been running these farms for more than 70 years and we are committed to ensuring the welfare of the cows on our farms as well as those on our partner dairy farms. We are very selective about our partner dairies and only work with farmers who share our commitment to quality and animal welfare.
Crystal Creamery participates in the National Dairy FARM (Farmers Assuring Responsible Management) Program™ for our dairy farms and actively encourages sourcing partners in the adoption of the program. The National Dairy FARM program includes independent third-party verification managed by The National Milk Producers Federation.
The FARM™ guidelines require focus on the following areas:
• Humane animal handling and management
• Herd health procedures and care
• Food and water quality standards
• Housing that promotes animal comfort & cleanliness
• Proper management of special needs animals
To learn more about the FARM™ program we encourage you to visit their website: www.nationaldairyfarm.com